Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Psalm 115:1

Psalm 115:1
Not to us, O Lord, not to us
But to your name be the glory
Because of your love and faithfulness

I was listening to Chris Tomlin sing this chapter and verse on my iPod playlist during my devotional time with the Lord this week. As the words replayed in my head, I sang it back to God as a form of worship recognizing that He alone is worthy to receive all glory and honor.
It has been a remarkable week for Tony and me. We have reached 25% of our monthly ministry support and 10 % of our outgoing support. We are incredibly grateful to the Lord for His provision & He deserves all the praise for allowing us to reach this important milestone. In addition, I am humbled by the prayers and generous hearts of so many kind people. The encouragement that we have received by those we have met and presented has been astounding. Tony and I have been blown away by the eagerness of those we meet to be part of our ministry team through prayer and finances. Our hearts are full and we are extremely grateful.
While things couldn’t be better in the area of financial support, we are also experiencing a new wave of spiritual attacks since reaching our quarter mark. Since the devil cannot be pleased with our progress, he has gently whispered in our ears that our obedience won’t make a dent in eternity since we are not church planters, evangelists, Bible translators, etc. You are just teachers…. that’s all. Teachers don’t preach, teachers don’t make altar calls, teachers just TEACH!
It is the word of God that comes to my rescue when Satan comes and plants a seed of discouragement in my thought life. Romans 12:7 reminded me that we are members of one body and each member has different gifts, “if a man’s gift is to teach, let him teach.”
So although those thoughts may not linger for long because his Spirit abides in my heart and mind, once again I find myself quietly singing: Not to us, O Lord, but to your name be the glory.
-Laura

2 comments:

  1. That is one powerful observation in today's blog... "It is the word of God that comes to my rescue when Satan comes and plants a seed of discouragement in my thought life". Helping me to remember to choose fact over feeling when feeling is not in line with the Word. Thanks for sharing, & God bless you both! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Encouraging to see we're not the only ones!

    ReplyDelete