Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Making Christ Glorious Among the Nations


  These are great and exciting days to be alive. In less than a week, 4,000 participants from 190 nations will arrive to Cape Town, South Africa, to strategize about how to reach the world for Jesus Christ. The Third Lausanne Congress on world evangelization is just days away and I am excited that MAF’s CEO and President, John Boyd has been invited to attend.
            The Evangelism Conference will draw leaders together in prayer, repentance, dialogue and action. The aim of this year’s gathering is to discern where the Body of Christ should spend its efforts and energies to respond to the call Christ made to take the gospel into the world and make disciples of all nations (Matthew 28:19.)
            Although I won’t be able to attend this fascinating event, my prayers are with the thousands of participants that will descend upon Cape Town this weekend. I must admit I would love to be one of those participants, but I know that much can be accomplished in my own backyard.
            While the world’s leaders gather and seek the heart of God in our broken world, I can play a part by interceding in prayer and confessing my sins before a holy God.
            May the Lord teach me & teach us how to make our Heavenly Father glorious among those around us.
            For more information about the Lausanne Conference, please visit: http://www.lausanne.org/cape-town-2010.
 - Laura 

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that John Boyd, President and CEO of MAF US has been invited to the conference? He is excited to be able to talk about MAF-LT's ministry with those there.

    ReplyDelete